Saturday, April 24, 2010

Foundation/base reacts with the skin and turns deep-orange after application?

My older sister complained that her foundation turns a strange orange colour 10 minutes after she has applied it to her face. I was rather sceptical and asked her to test mine, as I don’t have that problem. To my amazement, in front of my very eyes, I saw the colour deepen to an awful orange colour. Not convinced, I dragged her to the nearest cosmetic mall and tested all the products available. The tests left various shades of orange/tan stripes on her arm. She has a very light skin and normally uses the lightest colour available (ivory/pearl) so it has nothing to do with the shade.


Does anybody else suffer with this reaction? If so, have you found a product that does not react to the skin in this way? Does any body know the cause?


Thank you

Foundation/base reacts with the skin and turns deep-orange after application?
I'm an esthetician and a makeup artist. The foundations have a chemical reaction with your sister's skin, like some perfumes smell differently on other people. She needs a makeup that is made with only natural ingredients. I Love this new company called Christi Mar. Their makeup doesn't react with the skin, because there is nothing in it to make it react. Its awesome because it very easy to use, it comes in a compact. You can use as much or as little as you need. It never feels or looks heavy. You can find it on, www.christimarcosmetics.com
Reply:I have had the same thing happen to me. It's more likely to happen with drugstore foundation than more expensive foundation. Powder foundation does'nt do this to me. Bare Escentual and Chanel powder foundation are the best. MAC make me break-out like crazy. I use the lightest shade in both. This might sound kinda goofy but I found some great products at Manic Panic. The white dreamtone foundation actually blended nicely into my skin and didnt make me look goth when used lightly. You can also use it to mix with foundations that are too dark in order to lighten them. The Vampire's Veil pressed powder in moonlight was an exact match for my super pale skin and the quality was good. I was impressed.


http://www.manicpanic.biz/ct_PR191466083...


http://www.manicpanic.biz/ct_CGpressedpo...

sorrel

No comments:

Post a Comment